Subscriber login Close [x]
remember me
You are not logged in.

Spain’s Zamora Company targets 50% revenue growth in three years

Published:  05 July, 2018

Spain’s Zamora Company has revealed ambitious plans to grow revenue 50% by 2020.

The Ramón Bilbao owner revealed the growth plans as it announced a 3.8% increase in revenue to €169 million for 2017 compared to the previous year.

The 3.8% growth in the past year had been driven by Zamora Company’s Licor 43 and Ramón Bilbao brands, which had both experienced “exceptional growth”, said managing director Emilio Restoy.

“Licor 43, the brand with which the company started out in 1946, has become the eight highest sold premium liqueur in the world, while Ramón Bilbao is the leading brand in the hotel and catering industry in the domestic market with an 8.5% share of Rioja Crianza wines,” he said.

The family-run business, which has acquired several companies in recent years both nationally and internationally, said it expected revenue to reach €256 million in 2020 – a 52% hike compared to 2017.

Companies acquired in recent times include wine and sangria producer Lolea from Aragon, Italian limoncello producer Villa Massa and UK’s Martin Miller’s Gin.

The acquisitions and strategic partnerships set up were the starting point from which Zamora Company would see healthy and sustained growth in the short term, both nationally and internationally, said Restoy.

In 2017, billing was split into 61% from sales on the national market and the remaining 39% from the international market, figures equivalent to those in 2016 and in line with the trend over the past 5 years, he added.

By 2020, Zamora Company expected 55% of its business to come from international markets, said Restoy.

Since 2012, Zamora Company has seen a 37% increase in revenue to €169 million in 2017.

It recently announced its majority participation in the wine and liqueur distributor Tintafina, based in China.